Web analytics is the technology approach to capturing and collecting web traffic data. The primary focus of this type of analytics is to analyze the behavior of website visitors. This analysis can be used to improve a website or an Internet marketing campaign.
The Official Web Analytics Association (WAA) Definition of Web Analytics
“Web Analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of Internet data for the purposes of understanding and optimizing Web usage.”
Internet marketing is one of the most measurable forms of marketing available. Web analytics is also one of the corner stones of SEO (search engine optimization) as well as web marketing. Once the software is installed on your website, It can give you statistics and deep insights into what is working and what is not.
In the beginning, it can answer a wide range of basic questions:
1) What percentage of your web visitors are directed to your website from search engines?
2) What keywords did these web searchers use to find you?
3) Is site visitorship increasing or decreasing over time?
4) What are the landing pages (where did they enter your website)?
5) Which web pages get the most traffic – or none?
6) What are the exit pages (hopefully not the home page)
7) Did content changes result in higher number of hits?
Isn’t it time you start learning what the behaviors of your website visitors are – and begin to measure your web marketing and SEO results?